Phone disconnects

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My truck doesnt play the music off my phone anymore. It used to when i first bought it a week ago and the calling feature still works, just no music. My gf phone works perfect though but she uses pandora, i have a huge music library from free mp3s. Any thoughts why this maybe?

EightIsEnough

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Make sure that her bluetooth is off or out of range. Hit menu, then the Seek> twice to see Select SRC. Hit OK. Hit Seek> again then OK to select BT Audio.

I do this a lot.

Sent from my LG-ls990 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
dlcorbett

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hopefully that works, the aux cable diminishes sound quality considerably.

EightIsEnough

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It may help to make your phone the primary, but I have done that and it still connects either to my wife's or goes straight to line in much of the time.

Sent from my LG-ls990 using Tapatalk

FordIVTteam

Reaction score
My truck doesnt play the music off my phone anymore. It used to when i first bought it a week ago and the calling feature still works, just no music. My gf phone works perfect though but she uses pandora, i have a huge music library from free mp3s. Any thoughts why this maybe?

Hi dlcorbett,

I'd like to help with this but first I need a little more information from you. What phone do you have, and are you attempting Bluetooth audio or USB? Which SYNC system do you have:

How to identify your SYNC version | Official Ford Owner Site

Let me know and we can walk through a few steps to get this working again. :)

Rebecca

OP
OP
dlcorbett

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I dont know which version of sync it is but the vehicle is an 09 nav with navigation. The phone is a lg g2 and my gf is a lg g4. My phone was the primary and it still connects first, just when i change the media output to bt it says device disconnected. I tried takin it off and reconnecting and still wont play music. I havent tried playing the music with the usb disconnected as this has been my main source of music since it wont play music off my phone.

FordIVTteam

Reaction score
Thanks! If you go into the Bluetooth options in your phone, select the gear next to SYNC (at least that's how it shows in my LG G3), does MEDIA AUDIO have a check mark in the box? Also, have you made any changes to where your music is stored on your phone?

Rebecca

OP
OP
dlcorbett

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I even did a master reset in the setting s and still no go and took out the usb...weird i just dont know.

FordIVTteam

Reaction score
I see that rebooting your phone did the trick! Holler (on either forum) if you have any other questions.

Rebecca

Last edited: