Pic/Info request 1st gen Rancho 4" lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SWAGGA

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'd like to see some pics of 1st gen expeditions that went with the 4" Rancho kit. Please list your other lift mods if any, and tire sizes.

Also, excuse my ignorance, can the torsion key/coil spring spacers be used in addition to this kit to get a couple more inches, or does this lift delete that possibility?

Thanks.

OP
OP
SWAGGA

SWAGGA

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You can use both, I didn't know the Rancho kit was still available?

Found one NIB on ebay. I didn't need to spend the $$$ right now after the supercharger swap... but, I couldn't pass up the deal.

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
Swagga, check out http://www.fordtruckworld.com/thermo. There you will find all the info you want to know on my truck. I installed the Rancho kit on my truck and started out on 35x12.5's. But, I have since stepped up to 37x12.5's with only the Rancho lift. But, as you will find out, there are many other mods that need to be done to allow the tires to clear and very specific items to make that combo work. Let me know what you have in mind and we can go from there.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know with fabtech you can use the spacer and keys... so should be able to with the rancho as well

OP
OP
SWAGGA

SWAGGA

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did inventory on the kit yesterday... all major parts are there. I haven't ordered the torsion keys/spacers for the rear yet... but I had a question about shocks, I want to replace those with rancho shocks while I'm doing the kit. I didn't see anything to do with shock extensions in the kit, just the factory rancho replacements will work?

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
My truck had the Rancho lift and a 3" body lift. That's also the Rancho skid plate up front.

Best part about running the rancho lift is that you can get the RS9000 adjustable shocks and the myride controller. Being able to dial in the ride from the drivers seat is fantastic.

OP
OP
SWAGGA

SWAGGA

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My truck had the Rancho lift and a 3" body lift. That's also the Rancho skid plate up front.

Best part about running the rancho lift is that you can get the RS9000 adjustable shocks and the myride controller. Being able to dial in the ride from the drivers seat is fantastic.

Nice... I hopped on Rancho's site, and it had the option "w/ 4" rancho lift" when shopping for the shocks. I can end up getting the rs9000 shocks for about $75 through AAP with discount codes. I'll probably go that route, a little more expensive than the 5000s & 7000s, but look to be worth it.

Where did you purchase the skid plate & myride?

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
Got the myride when I ordered the shocks. There was some kind of a deal, if I remember correctly. People balk at the price, but it was totally worth it to be able to set the truck up to go from the highway to a trail ride with the push of a button. It was also great for towing.

Believe me, I wasn't going to crawl under the truck every time I wanted to change the suspension settings.

The skid plate is widely available, I shopped around and ended up getting it from 4 wheel parts. There may be a better deal out there now. It's also a lot easier to install the skid plate while doing the lift kit than going back and doing it later.

OP
OP
SWAGGA

SWAGGA

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys.

Also tonydiv, absolutely love your expedition, errr former expedition... you should've kept that!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
the_plugger