Plasti-dip opinions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
im going to post what i am getting...not plastidip...more durable

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just talked to him...says he uses haloefx...stronger and more pliable than plastidip with color shift options...

AbelNavyvet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Rhino Liner is the best option for the XLT's Matte lower trimming because that trimming gets dull and faded over time... Does Plastidip come off if you take the truck to the car wash and use a pressure washer?

Lane24

technical advisor
Reaction score
Nope doesn't come off... if you go back a page or so.. There is a pic of my Expedition, and Jeep that take regular mud baths and pressure washes, and still on there 5 years later.

Capone

Reaction score
03 trip

Just the spray cans... 4 coats... I peeled the rims of recently just cuz I wanted to go back to chrome for a while... that's the beauty of the stuff.. But I think I'll respray them before the snow comes again...

How many cans did it take to do your trim? I have an 03 that was hit by some lady in an Hyundai Sonata (Apparently my tiny little expy got lost in her blind spot which is why she merged into the side of me) Well, needless to say I have brand new plastic trim on one side, and old faded plastic trim on the other. I have been considering plasti dipping the trim for quite a while, wondering how much to order.

Last edited:

ijustdid23

Reaction score
plasti dip might be the best, if your a hands on type of person, i plasti dipped my entire expy and rims myself, i worked on it for about 2 days, took my time, i probably spent no more than 6 hours, 10-12 cans of plasti dip, about $60... but i love it, ive used plasti dip on previous vehicles of mine, and it last, until you start to peel it off, when i go to the car wash, the dirt washes away easy, and i dont even have the dry it, just air dry, and no water spots.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-05-14-10-23-57.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-05-14-10-23-57.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:

WhySsoSseriouss

Reaction score
My expy is all kinds of rusted on the roof and on the edges so i'm thinking of dipping my in all white with black on the wheels. Do yall who did it yourself just buy the aerosol sprays? just spray paint the truck basically lol? Is 12 cans really enough?

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cans will take u forever and MORE than 12...it takes about a 2 gallons to do it and 2 coats will be good...so buy the 5g bucket and you'll need the special nozzle sprayer...if u try to use regular paint nozzle it will clog

CaliWhite209

Reaction score
I haven't done a whole body paint but did the rims, grill, and the running boards. Go to Dip your car website and watch some videos of DYC with fonzie it's pretty easy

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
the_plugger