Plastic in rear cargo area warm/hot to touch?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

northernexp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Correct Have you ever flushed your heater cores? And if you have, did you have to close or open any valve in the lines.

The heat is controlled by the position of the blend doors
Ahh, I have done it on vehicles where there is a valve that opens when set to hot. I assumed Ford used the same method.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

northernexp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Copied from the 2001 service manual for the Auxiliary A/C and heating system

The auxiliary A/C and heating system has the following features:

The auxiliary A/C and heating system is functioning whenever the instrument panel mounted A/C control is in any position except OFF.
The auxiliary blower motor recirculates the air inside the vehicle. Outside air is not available to the auxiliary system.
Air is cooled and dehumidified by the auxiliary A/C evaporator core only if the instrument panel mounted A/C control is adjusted to a position that requires A/C compressor operation.
The temperature blend door and the A/C damper door are controlled by electric actuator motors.
Movement of the auxiliary temperature control between COOL and WARM causes a corresponding movement of the temperature blend door to mix air flowing through and around the auxiliary heater core.
Movement of the auxiliary mode control between PANEL and FLOOR causes a corresponding movement of the A/C damper door to direct air flow between the panel (headliner) registers and the floor duct.

The wording is also the same in the 2010 service manual
Ahh, I've done it on vehicles in the past where there is a valve that opens when heat is used. I assumed Ford used the same method.

I guess that's why switching between hot and cold is such an easy twist of the dial compared to old cars where you are pushing/pulling a cable when adjusting the temp

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Remember Ford had a better idea And not being a smart ass which I do at times. But you know what the say about assumption.

My only purpose was to point out what was correct and to inform others as to how the system in the expys work

I do agree with what you say about some vehicles having a control valve in the heater line