Power door lock problem 2000 expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
thanks thermo. sounds like i get a project next weekend.

abnranger67

Reaction score
Hey guys my truck was stolen a few years ago. They used a screw driver and pried the door lock (where I insert the key) out of the hole. I can still lock and unlock the door, but only with the remote or the keypad. What are my options? I still want to be able to use the keypad and the remote to lock and unlock the doors. I hope I can just buy a new "lock" and of course have a separate key just for that lock.

B

bedrck46

also spray all the lock hardware with either wd40 or silicone spray I prefer silicone as it doesn't have the odor that wd40 has

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys my truck was stolen a few years ago. They used a screw driver and pried the door lock (where I insert the key) out of the hole. I can still lock and unlock the door, but only with the remote or the keypad. What are my options? I still want to be able to use the keypad and the remote to lock and unlock the doors. I hope I can just buy a new "lock" and of course have a separate key just for that lock.

I think you should be able to get a new lock from the dealer and have it pinned to match your existing key.