Power door UNLOCK problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tk1971

Reaction score
Thanks Mark.

Now, back on track, my Expy manual has the same instructions about Lock/Unlock. Even though all the chirps and confirms from the truck seems to work, ultimately, it only autolocks.

tk

OP
OP
C

chevy24d

Full Access Members
Reaction score
UPDATE- My truck just came back from the dealer for the 18k service and they told me that my truck does NOT have this feature and my owners manual is wrong.

Oh well...

Joval

Reaction score
Hi, I just found this post regarding this item with the procedure required.

This was from 03ddie user in a post called "Auto Lock Problems"
Page #4 on Electrical Forum, from 03ddie

Rgds,
Jorge

Solution
I haven't had a chance to look at the manual, but I did find this on the internet after several attempts at different keywords.

To enter programming mode, steps 1 through 8 must be carried out within 30 seconds.

Close all doors.
Make sure the ignition switch is in the OFF position.
Turn the ignition switch from OFF to RUN.
Press the door lock control switch to UNLOCK three times.
Turn the ignition switch from RUN to OFF.
Press the door lock control switch to UNLOCK three times.
Turn the ignition switch from OFF to RUN.
Verify the RAP module chirps the horn. This indicates that the RAP module is now in the enable/disable mode and ready to accept program changes.

To Enable/Disable Autolock

Press the door lock control switch to the UNLOCK position. (This selects the Autolock programming mode.)
Press the door lock control switch to the LOCK position. (This changes the current state of Autolock to either enable or disable.)
To confirm the Autolock change of state, the RAP module will chirp the horn. If the chirp is followed by a long horn blast, Autolock was just enabled. If no blast follows the chirp, then Autolock was just disabled.

OP
OP
C

chevy24d

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Originally posted by chevy24d
I....I run thru the "auto unlock" process in my owners manual (key on...key off..etc) but when I hit the last lock - unlock sequence - I never get two beeps from the horn. This should be sounded when the status has changed I believe, but it never works - meaning it never toggles. I have tried this repeatedly so I must be doing something wrong.....
Joval - thanks but the process you list is what I was referring to above. The dealer confirmed that I simply do not have this option and am supposed to get a sticker from Ford updating my manual.