Power Inverter upto 400W suggestions and experiences

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AlterEgo

Reaction score
Hello,

I plan to do a wet carpet cleaning for XLT 2020 202a (GCC Specs) . At my usual park location there is no AC power source, and for other possibilities I was looking to get a DC to AC power inverters with upto 400W - surely it wont be cigarette lighter plug enabled and would need battery alligator clamps.

Are there any suggestions based on collective knowledge of this group about which brand/model of inverter I should go for and has anyone has had any experiences to share.

I plan to drive the following Bissell model thru this inverter with the power specs as give below :

1697288147807.png

1697288179121.png

Thanks for sharing your opinion.

JamaicaJoe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would get a small generator with at least 1200 watt output as the motor of the cleaner will have a surge current that well exceeds 400 watts.

sjwhiteley

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would concur with the generator idea. I believe Honda have a 1000w quiet one, but not cheap.

However, harbor freight have some inverters - I’d get a 1000w one to drive a motor (don’t need a pure sine wave one for that). Not a bad price, so may be worth a try (I’ve been tempted, but don’t have a use for it yet). The disadvantage of the inverter is battery strain and drain. The expy has a large battery, which helps.

Dahammer

Reaction score
Good question you asked.
I think you have two choices in supplying electrical power. An Inverter or Portable gas/propane electrical /power generator.

1st one - is an inverter.
If you use an Inverter, get one with alligator clamps attached to the battery. You should run your engine while using it. The draw of current/watt is enormous and will drain your battery fast when the engine is not running. Follow the directions that come with the inverter for usage.

2nd one - Buy yourself a gas-powered portable generator. Get a small one for camping with 1000 watts running like Honda. Most coffee cart guys in NYC use them for power. They take a beating being used outside and keep on running.
https://powerequipment.honda.com/generators

LG_123

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a portable solar panel that I use in power outages and with our RV. It’s pairs with a charge controller, marine battery, and 1000w pure sine inverter.

It’s a lot to lug around for just vacuuming the car but it would do the job and also be useful in emergencies to run the fridge, freezer, wifi router, electronics, etc.

I also hate the sound of generators and solar is very peaceful.

I spent about $500CAD on the setup.

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
I have a "couple thousand" watt inverter I use when servicing my camper which is stored off site. Will run my air compressor and other devices. Have to wedge a stick onto the gas pedal as it won't power the air compressor at idle.

-- Chuck