Power locks not working from either door.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Damon329

Reaction score
My power door locks stopped working some time ago. They work with the remote but not on either door panel. After studying the schematics i i started testing. Switches good. Gem module putting 12v constant to switches but it's not reaching them both. Trace wiring to passenger side rocker panel and found where the power wire splits off into 2 and what do you know. Completely corroded. Resoldered and bam, working door lock switches. It looks like at some point water leaked down the a-pillar and caused the oxidation. Real cheesy connector from Ford also. Hope this helps someone.

tamasamoa

Reaction score
I may have a similar problem. I just purchased 08 Expedtition and the door switch on both driver and passenger side do not work. But the keypad works fine to lock/unlock. Can you tell me exactly where these two wires are and what color? Thanks for posting this!

terr5178

Reaction score
I'm dealing with same issue. Tested all switches good grounds good now working toward sjb... . just started looking at the wiring near smart junction box. Do you have anymore info as to where the wire was/ Color? Ty

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm dealing with same issue. Tested all switches good grounds good now working toward sjb... . just started looking at the wiring near smart junction box. Do you have anymore info as to where the wire was/ Color? Ty

2003 Expedition Door Lock Wiring Diagrams

Check the passenger side rocker panel well for wiring splice corrosion.

terr5178

Reaction score
Ty. Started raining hard while opening the harness but I will look tomorrow. Fingers crossed but thar seems to be the problem.
Found it weird that drivers side died then passenger side died couple weeks later and on explanation would be a failed splice
Ty

terr5178

Reaction score
Problem solved both wires to door lock relay were broken at splice about 6" under the smart junction box under door saddle
Ty