Power Window Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bojo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The dealer told me today that it is the power window motor. They say I need a new one. I'm going to buy and install it on my own, I'll let you know.

OP
OP
K

kwoods181

Reaction score
Let me know how it goes, Bojo! I'm sure your dealer will get to the bottom of it.

Hi, kwoods181.

I recommend taking it by another dealer for a second opinion. In the meantime, PM me your name, phone number, VIN, mileage, and dealer info. I'll look into options.

Ashley

I pm'ed you that info, Ashley.

Thanks

OP
OP
K

kwoods181

Reaction score
The dealer told me today that it is the power window motor. They say I need a new one. I'm going to buy and install it on my own, I'll let you know.

When I had mine replaced, it went up until about 2" from the top. It wasn't until I went through the process of de-initializing it, then it wouldn't go up on it's own at all.

Bojo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
kwoods181, same thing here. Very odd. Now I will try to program it, and at least auto down will work for a bit, then it goes back to where I have to hit it down twice and pull up on it twice (still not auto up) for it to work. Nothing happens with the first push or pull of the switch.

OP
OP
K

kwoods181

Reaction score
kwoods181, same thing here. Very odd. Now I will try to program it, and at least auto down will work for a bit, then it goes back to where I have to hit it down twice and pull up on it twice (still not auto up) for it to work. Nothing happens with the first push or pull of the switch.

I noticed that yesterday. It takes two times to get it to respond.

Bojo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
From looking at another forum too, it seems that all of us that did the de-initialization procedure haven't been able to get them to work right after. RI Matt or ForsCustSrvc, any suggestions??