Power Window Regulator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
so my drivers window, yeah the most important window, hasnt been able to roll down for about 2 weeks now. i know the problem. the regulator has no more teeth. so the motor was clicking. and about 2 weeks ago, why it cant work anymore, the regulator fell off. i herd it turning right up a hill and CLUNK against metal. it was it cause now my motor just spins. how much of a pain is it replace? cause the biggest hole is the speaker hole. i can get a used regulator from a local junk yard or place like that. plenty in SD. but has anyone replaced one in the front of their 1st gen expedition? and the more help i have the better. i dont want to take my baby in to the dealer to have it replaced if i can do it my self in a weekend.

RustyH

Reaction score
!!

The motor and regulator are riveted into the door. You'll need to drill out all the rivets, remove the wiring and undo a couple of bolts on the window track.

If the window is up, you're in luck...just duct tape the top of the window to the frame to keep the glass from falling into the door.

When you replace the regulator and motor, you'll need some 10 MM bolts and nuts, about a half inch in length should do it. They will replace the rivets.

Just remember, if you decide to reuse your old regulator, before you remove the motor, secure the spring assembly or you could wind up busting off some teeth....or worse!

Here's a link to my replacement endeavor

http://expeditionforum.com/showthread.php?t=5446&highlight=drivers+window

Last edited:

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
relatively simple as long as you drill out the rivets like said above. like you said, you should be able to find one at the junkyard around here. you know of a good junkyard in the area?

OP
OP
panda24619

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
okay thx. ill do it this weekend or next. when ever i have time. and yeah the best one i know of is in chula vista area. over by coors... cricket wireless amphitheater. idk wht its called. my dad knows. im going to look around and find the parts i need too. shouldnt be to bad. and yeah luckly its up. when the teeth started grinding the window went all the way down. couldnt go up. i had to disasemble the door panal and lift the window up. all with tiny screw drivers a pair of needle nose pliers 10 mins b4 my class started. then i lived with the window only rolling down till about 1 inch b4 fully down. then one day it didnt want to go up. so i helped it and now its broken. so i guess ill do it and ill let everyone know how it turned out. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
r98exp1