Powerstop brake kit K1869

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

designit

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm doing a search & scrolling threads but if anyone can give a quick skinny on these... My thanks in advance...

Main question is 1869 or 1869-36 because of the gross weight... It's a daily driver & the 36 with metallic pads has me wondering if there's a huge difference?... I could do with a little less brake dust...

1869 -- http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/s...00/XLT/8_Cyl_4-dot-6L/P15K1869.html?loc=Front

1869-36 -- http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/s.../XLT/8_Cyl_4-dot-6L/P15K186936.html?loc=Front

Thanks fellas. (or ladies, as it were :ban:)

b.t.w... I can use a 10% coupon code (with free shipping) at auto parts warehouse that beats the rockauto 5% offered (here in the forum) -- by about 10 bucks... fyi... no biggie...

Last edited:

ArtGamer60

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You can't go wrong with cross drilled rotors , ( cools on average of 200 degrees over oem ) I wouldn't recommend slotted ? on a race track ? yes for everyday street use , ( pre-mature wear on the pads ( scrubbing ) it really depends how much you drive it . I have dealt with these people , good product , either semi-metallic , but prefer the ceramic pads They give you choices . ( Good Idea )

R1Concepts - OEM, Drilled & Slotted Brake Rotors - Brake Pads - Brake Calipers

OP
OP
designit

designit

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thx... -- Think I'm going with K1869 with the ceramic pads...

I always drive, looking at the car in front of the car in front of me! lol... -- If I need to stop on a dime @ 60.. I deserve to wreck.

thanks much sir.

ArtGamer60

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thx... -- Think I'm going with K1869 with the ceramic pads...

I always drive, looking at the car in front of the car in front of me! lol... -- If I need to stop on a dime @ 60.. I deserve to wreck.

thanks much sir.

Yeah ? now you have to worry about the one behind you , lol , go with the high carbon rotors .

Last edited:
OP
OP
designit

designit

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I always tell the little ones... -- I have eyes in back of my head... haha... (now they're 12 & "really do" believe me?...)

I'm sure there's something to it... lol.

Thanks again.. -- carry on. (they're being shipped)