Project BlaqJak21

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blaqjak21

Reaction score
I haven't been posting much but I figured I would start a log for the upgrades on my Truck.

Completed Projects. (I will post Pics soon as I get a chance. Some are in my profile pics):

H.I.D Conversion Kit.
Projector Headlights.
Added Aux Jack. (soon to be swapped out for a usb aux combo jack)
Kenwood KOS-A300 unit.
Kenwood BT300.
Rearview Camera.

Projects in progress:

2 Tone Interior (From the factory Basic Beige to Black And Basic Beige).
Sound Deaden Doors and Trunk Area.
Convert arm rest to a wireless charging station.

Future Projects:

Add audio system: (Most of the components are carry over from my old car just need to be installed in the Truck)

• Elemental Designs Nine.5 Amplifier
  • Elemental Designs eDi 6500 comp set
  • Elemental Designs e12A.22 Subfoofer
  • Pioneer DEQ-9200
  • Nexus 9 (Will be used for HeadUnit)
  • Big 3 Upgrade with 0awg cable
  • HO Alternator
  • 0awg power & Ground Cable
  • KnuKoncepts RCA's
LED Fog lights.
22" or 24" rims (depending on garage height).

I will do my best to keep this thread updated as I complete projects.

OP
OP
Blaqjak21

Blaqjak21

Reaction score
So here are a few pic's that I have so far:

Attachments

• Rearview Cam.jpg
    Rearview Cam.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 73
  • Rearview Cam Display.jpg
    Rearview Cam Display.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 75
  • Front Driver Door (No Deadner).jpg
    Front Driver Door (No Deadner).jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 74
  • Front Driver Door (Deadned).jpg
    Front Driver Door (Deadned).jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 81
OP
OP
Blaqjak21

Blaqjak21

Reaction score
Few more:

Attachments

• Trunk area Deadned.jpg
    Trunk area Deadned.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 77
  • Rear Hatch Deadned.jpg
    Rear Hatch Deadned.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 74

2004XLT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The rear view cam install is really clean, I like it. I'm considering using deadener, how much of an improvement is it? Also I noticed in the pictures of the trunk and rear hatch it looks like you have the deadener placed in specific locations, how did you determine where to put it? I'm happy with how mine sounds for the most part after going through every rattle one by one and fixing them, but I still have a horrible rattle in the rear hatch by the handle.

OP
OP
Blaqjak21

Blaqjak21

Reaction score
The rear view cam install is really clean, I like it. I'm considering using deadener, how much of an improvement is it? Also I noticed in the pictures of the trunk and rear hatch it looks like you have the deadener placed in specific locations, how did you determine where to put it? I'm happy with how mine sounds for the most part after going through every rattle one by one and fixing them, but I still have a horrible rattle in the rear hatch by the handle.

I definitely can tell a difference. Closes with an solid thud. Also when I put my woofer back there for a test run a lot of the rattles where inaudible.

For the rear hatch I got good coverage on the outer sheet metal which is hard to tell in the pic's I took ( I will try and get some better ones). On inner metal I just put it where it had the highest pitch when I tapped it.

OP
OP
Blaqjak21

Blaqjak21

Reaction score
This is part of the KOS-A300 & BT300 install along with my aux port. This set up allows me to stream Bluetooth, play from ipod and play from a usb HDD all through the factory navi unit. It will be much cleaner once I finally mount everything.

The nexus 9 will be mounted infront of the navi unit once the final system goes in.

I removed the cd changer to hide the units. this will be covered with a piece of abs cut to size.

njkwMXxpRUBphyJx

hzD3CfJldCekkeFh

Y0fueYtDo9dtLmsO

odjfFUBUsBjxJeko

2004XLT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I definitely can tell a difference. Closes with an solid thud. Also when I put my woofer back there for a test run a lot of the rattles where inaudible.

For the rear hatch I got good coverage on the outer sheet metal which is hard to tell in the pic's I took ( I will try and get some better ones). On inner metal I just put it where it had the highest pitch when I tapped it.

Good info, thanks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thegerb50