Putting 2007 bumper end back in place?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gregg Eshelman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just a little bump popped the top of the bumper end loose ahead of the tail light. How big a job is it to get it back in place?
20230302_190416.jpg

fuzzmanmatt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
SUPER simple! Assuming you don't bend anything while pressing it back in place, it just snaps back in. I got a backup camera so I didn't have to do it again after the first two times.

OP
OP
G

Gregg Eshelman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
SUPER simple! Assuming you don't bend anything while pressing it back in place, it just snaps back in. I got a backup camera so I didn't have to do it again after the first two times.
I've pushed on it but it's not popped back in.

fuzzmanmatt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There's little clips molded into the bumper cover that need to snap into the quarter panel. If they're damaged or bent it's not going to lock into place. You may have to actually remove the fasteners in the wheel well and pull the whole side out to see if they line up, and then slowly align everything again to get it to go together correctly.

OP
OP
G

Gregg Eshelman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I took the light off so I could get a look down in there and I don't see anywhere it could clip into place. Looks like it might be something slightly bent, holding it forward. The plastic is cracked at the back corner just below the light.

Anyone have pics with the end off?