Question about the ceiling console

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wint

Reaction score
My 2000 Expedition has what looks like a display with a button beneath that says "select" but nothing on the display itself. Looks like it might be a compass/temp gauge. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this not working? Could it be something as simple as a fuse?

JEDIDADDYCHRIS

Reaction score
Is it this one? If so, it's the temp/compass display. You hit "select" to go from C to F to compass. Mine died a while back, so let's find this thing!

WP_000300.jpg

BigJuicy02

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have one in that some spot but it shows miles left in tank and avg. mpg with compass. Mine still works. I've toyed with the idea of swapping it out with something else that would look cool and fit in there. No idea what though......

98EXPY 5-0

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine worked for a while, one day I turned it off due to the need to be "stealthy" at night. The next day, it wouldn't turn back on. lol. Now it's real stealthy.

daoud el-massri

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Good after noon I just had mine fixed there is no fuse for it I payed just 39.00 for the fix .
The person who fixed is flynmedic(743)

OP
OP
Wint

Wint

Reaction score
I posted in another thread but there are components that needed to be resoldered in my case, I'll see if I can take it apart and post pics of where you need to look.

GerryF

Reaction score
How to remove overhead console

Does anyone have the procedure to remove the overhead console on a 2001 XLT?

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Does anyone have the procedure to remove the overhead console on a 2001 XLT?

Have a fat friend get up on the roof of your truck to look at something. Pops right out from the ceiling... I know from personal experience.

Otherwise it is just plastic clips if I remember right (that incident was a couple years ago). I believe you can get a screwdriver in there and push the clips in. Either way it is not terribly difficult.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnjohn205