Quick FORScan Question Regarding Laptop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twernst

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Can someone tell me if the extended license for FORScan would work with a windows tablet, such as the Surface? I have Macs and need to buy a Windows platform and am trying to decide between a budget laptop or something that might have future value. Right now the only thing “pc” will do is FORScan related.

Got my OBD scanners this week and was hoping to take advantage of the “Black Friday” deals tomorrow.

Thanks for your help.

rcompart

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As long as it has windows 10 home or pro, you can use it with the FORscan software. Last years surface pros had a neutered version of windows called windows 10 A that it wouldn’t work with but thankfully they decided to let people upgrade to Pro for free through the end of the year.

Which adapter did you go with?

OP
OP
twernst

twernst

Full Access Members
Reaction score
As long as it has windows 10 home or pro, you can use it with the FORscan software. Last years surface pros had a neutered version of windows called windows 10 A that it wouldn’t work with but thankfully they decided to let people upgrade to Pro for free through the end of the year.

Which adapter did you go with?
Thanks, just to confirm it won’t work with Windows 7. I got the ELM HS/MS switch USB and the MX Bluetooth one as well, a little over kill I know.

mquick5

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I used book camp on my mac book pro. Formated a separate partition on the h/drive and installed Windows 10 professional.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Uturn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It even works on Windows XP laptop, it just will not do programming using a tablet.

benyl

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I run windows in Parallels on my MBP. Works fine. I have the Wi-Fi version so I can use the for scan app on my iPhone.

29twonine

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So in order to actually make changes, I have to have a windows laptop with BT, correct? With the android app I can just see some readings, ect.. Is this correct? I don't even know if my old laptop has BT, but it looks Iike I can get a cheap adapter off of Amazon. Just trying to make sure I have this all straight before I buy this thing...

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk