Quick question about 5.4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mavericktx69

Reaction score
I recently bought a 2012 xlt 4x4 with the 5.4. I also have a 2006 f150 with a 5.4.

My question is do yall make a tuner that will work with both.

I was looking at that 7015-x4 one and it looks like it would but I wanted to ask before going any further.

Thanks Maverick

5star

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I recently bought a 2012 xlt 4x4 with the 5.4. I also have a 2006 f150 with a 5.4.

My question is do yall make a tuner that will work with both.

I was looking at that 7015-x4 one and it looks like it would but I wanted to ask before going any further.

Thanks Maverick

The 7015 (X4) is a great choice for both vehicles. However, you will need one device per vehicle. When you first tune your vehicles the device will copy the stock file and 'marry' itself to that one vehicle, locking it to one use at a time. Other than that, the device is fully compatible with either vehicle.

hammerg26

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was looking on your site, but cannot find anything for a 1999 5.4 Expy... do you have a tuner for my truck?
Also - any risk with a high mileage motor (130K)? It was (or appeared to be) well taken care of prior my acquiring it in Jan 2012 (72K at the time). I have taken excellent care of since then (or best I could)....
Thoughts?

5star

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I was looking on your site, but cannot find anything for a 1999 5.4 Expy... do you have a tuner for my truck?
Also - any risk with a high mileage motor (130K)? It was (or appeared to be) well taken care of prior my acquiring it in Jan 2012 (72K at the time). I have taken excellent care of since then (or best I could)....
Thoughts?

hammerg26,

We have several options for your 5.4L Expy. You can use any one of the tuners we sell from the X4, LiveWire or iTSX. As for our custom tunes for the Expy you have 87, 89, 91 & 93 performance/tow tunes as well as 87, 89, 91 & 93 economy tunes as options.

Most importantly we tune well within Ford's operating specs. We tune with reliability in mind. You can safely add our tunes with only 130k on your Expy. We have tuned several 5.4L motors with over 300k and they're still going strong!

AbelNavyvet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
when we are ready to purchase what are the steps? do we email you or call you? or who can we contact if we have questions regarding tunes? I'm still building mine should finish this Feb. 15th so I will be ready this Feb 15th to purchase a 5 Star Tuner...

5star

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
when we are ready to purchase what are the steps? do we email you or call you? or who can we contact if we have questions regarding tunes? I'm still building mine should finish this Feb. 15th so I will be ready this Feb 15th to purchase a 5 Star Tuner...

You can email or call us. Whichever option is most convenient for you. Any questions that you have you can contact myself, Jacob or Chris at anytime we can answers any questions that you have. Hope that you're build is going well! Look forward to some progress pictures!