Quick question...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigDaddy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OK, so yesterday afternoon, I got my AVH-P3200BT installed. Well, I got the headunit installed, but ran out of time and daylight, so I still have to run the Bluetooth and the GEX-P920XM unit.

I had to modify the subdash more than what the Metra kit called for, and then had to modify the secure points on the Metra face plate to get it to fit perfectly, but I really like the way it is looking right now. I will get pics up when I am finished and get it all cleaned up.

I did the emergency brake bypass according to the YouTube video and it works flawlessly.

Here is my "quick" question. I need both constant power and a ground for the XM unit. Does anyone see an issue with connecting it to the head unit's constant power and ground leads? I wouldn't think there would be one, but I haven't wired an aftermarket set up since before double dins came out, lol.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
shouldnt be a problem as long as theres enough current running to it to feed it...

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
nah. i ground out my off road lights switch to that ground. cause its there. haha its fine. there shouldnt be a problem with it.

phocker

Reaction score
This is the exact way I have my XM set up on mine. Both the power and the ground are tapped right off of the stereo wiring since they are right next to each other under the dash.

OP
OP
B

BigDaddy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is the exact way I have my XM set up on mine. Both the power and the ground are tapped right off of the stereo wiring since they are right next to each other under the dash.

I'm glad you said that.

I am going to put the XM unit in this weeknd and have been trying out different mounting spots to keep it protected as much as possible. I thought about mounting it to the back wall inside my console, because I have more than enough room in there since I removed the 6 disc changer. I also thought about putting it in the glove box, since I never use it. Now, I may just pull the head unit and check available space inside the dash. That would be the easiest way to do it.

phocker

Reaction score
I usedc to own a 01 expy and my xm reciever was stashed under the center console. I also put two amps a cap and a set of crossovers in the space the factory sub is supposed to go.