Radiator???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FaroeseViking

Reaction score
Hey all,

I have, according to my title, a 2004 Expedition 5.2 XLT SSV. Radiator Started leaking so I check YouTube for the basics on how to swap. Order a new one from a chain auto parts store. Open the box and it is completely different than the one in the engine bay. In and out hoses are on opposite sides and the transmission lines on the old one are on the bottom, not the side as the new one has. When I look at YouTube, all videos show like the radiator I purchased should be correct. Is there a different radiator in the SSV models? I have googled everything I can think of and nothing shows it should be different.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey all,

I have, according to my title, a 2004 Expedition 5.2 XLT SSV. Radiator Started leaking so I check YouTube for the basics on how to swap. Order a new one from a chain auto parts store. Open the box and it is completely different than the one in the engine bay. In and out hoses are on opposite sides and the transmission lines on the old one are on the bottom, not the side as the new one has. When I look at YouTube, all videos show like the radiator I purchased should be correct. Is there a different radiator in the SSV models? I have googled everything I can think of and nothing shows it should be different.

I don’t know the answer to your question - but you could check an online Ford parts seller such as FordPartsGiant.com (I’m not associated with the site) and see if different radiators are listed for the standard and SSV models.

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sounds like you got the wrong part. If you have an AutoZone in your neighborhood, their store brand (Duralast?) is a re-boxed Spectra Premium, and they work fine. LIfetime warranty.