Radio Removal- No Special Tools

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

makuloco2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just wanted to share this bit of information since pulling the radio is usually the first step in many dash related and behind the dash repairs. It may be simple but is always easier to do after seeing how it's done. Hope this helps out as you will likely run across this in the future.

Ford Radio Removal- NO SPECIAL TOOLS - YouTube

BAD RONALD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just wanted to share this bit of information since pulling the radio is usually the first step in many dash related and behind the dash repairs. It may be simple but is always easier to do after seeing how it's done. Hope this helps out as you will likely run across this in the future.

Boy I wish this worked as easily when I tried to slide out the radio during dashboard removal for a heater core replacement in my '01. Somehow the coat hanger wire befouled the slide on one side of the radio and jammed the catch. REAL GOOD. Should have taken a few seconds to slide the radio out but freeing the jam took a couple of hours instead. Insult was added to injury when I found that the radio does NOT need to be removed when pulling the dash on an '01.

Note: you can use four phillips screw drivers as radio keys in place of the hanger wire pieces shown in the video.

I think it was a sharp, crooked cut or bent end on the hanger wire that hung up and caused my radio to get jammed. Using four phillips screwdrivers eliminates that possibility.

OP
OP
M

makuloco2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yeah they work most times I used them for years when I first got into the business and never had a problem, but now own the real tool and some still give the fits. This is more of a money is real tight right now and this repair is costing me an arm and a leg already can I get it out without buying another tool type of trick.

BAD RONALD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is more of a money is real tight right now and this repair is costing me an arm and a leg already can I get it out without buying another tool type of trick.

Roger that. Thanks for this and your many other videos.

You are a very good teacher.