Random missfire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Welder7018

Reaction score
I have a random missfire on cylinder #1. It threw a code and check engine light came on for a few mins then went off hasnt came back on but shows code memory for missfire. And randomly shakes slightly at idle then goes away. Sometimes while driving too. Would a bad COP cause this?

69Hcode

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sounds like a bad COP. You should put vehicle info (year, engine size, etc) so you get better help.

thenaaks

Full Access Members
Reaction score
COP could cause it. Swap the cop to another cylinder to see if the misfire code follows. That will confirm bad cop.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Chris08LTD

Reaction score
I had a random misfire on my 98 5.4. No constant CEL. The truck would hesitate on acceleration. Sometimes the CEL would flash but would go away. I replaced the plugs, coils, fuel filter, air filter, the vacuum line that goes behind the throttle body, vacuum line to the brake booster and cleaned the MAF. Needless to say I was so frustrated when none of the things I did solved the problem. I checked all the coil wires one day and found the number 8 coil wire was in bad shape. The wire was coming out of the sleeves creating a short in the circuit. I bought a new pigtail from Amazon, connected it and no more hesitation.

OP
OP
Welder7018

Welder7018

Reaction score
Its got a 24k mile 24 month warranty from the dealer so if it happens again they can mess with it lol.