Raptor style grill lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FRD88

Reaction score
I haven't measured mine out yet but I also am going to use 1" 90 degree aluminium. I found it at Tractor supply and was planning on painting it black. Did you find some in black or you going to paint it?

Thing that sucks with the 2nd Gen is the grill has a bar in the center so I would either need to cut it out or off set the middle light and add another, so I will probably be using 4 lights instead of three.

I am also thinking about trying to paint some of the top and bottom of the lights to hopefully get more of the rectangle look. Since I have an extra light I am going to try it on that one first.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J Ski

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
I haven't measured mine out yet but I also am going to use 1" 90 degree aluminium. I found it at Tractor supply and was planning on painting it black. Did you find some in black or you going to paint it?

Thing that sucks with the 2nd Gen is the grill has a bar in the center so I would either need to cut it out or off set the middle light and add another, so I will probably be using 4 lights instead of three.

I am also thinking about trying to paint some of the top and bottom of the lights to hopefully get more of the rectangle look. Since I have an extra light I am going to try it on that one first.
Yeah painting mine black. So I have a support bar directly behind my center light and there is plenty of clearance behind it. Also, don’t know how you planned on securing that elbow but on mine there was a space between the radiator support and the plastic cover that goes over it where I was able to slide the elbow into and use rivets to secure it. See pics below1D578411-553A-42F2-A797-62F8EB926241.jpeg06F061DC-EF6C-4E94-9437-616BA9C361D6.jpegAfter I space them out on the new holder, the wires will run through the angled plastic above the wire loom so you won’t see any othe the wires and won’t need the loom. Just waiting on better weather. In regards to the shape of the lights, I could not use the rectangular leds bc the lip of the hood actually crushed one on a test fit. Too big of a light for where I have it installed. Good luck on your installation and make sure to post pics

OP
OP
J Ski

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
New housing for Raptor lights. Spaced to raptor spec at 9-1/4” OC. Upgraded to aluminum to hold the lights better. Much better looking spaced out wider IMO4A953233-A0A5-410E-95D6-3394DB78B17C.jpeg

FRD88

Reaction score
I agree that the wider spacing looks better. Looks good!