rear a/c issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99exbyut

Reaction score
i have a 99 expy eddie bauer and my rear a/c doesnt work ive checked the fuses. the controls do nothing. anyone have anykind of issuse of the same sort.

JUST4FUN

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
the front ac must be on to use the rear ac

robbieg

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Could be a bad blower motor. On my '98 its easy to get to, you could pull the panel off and test for power at the blower motor connector with the ac on. If you have power and the blower doesn't spin its shot, easy fix. If you don't have power then you can start working your way up to the controls.

OP
OP

99exbyut

Reaction score
the front a/c works great, i also run the front and it still doesnt work.
no issuses with that and ill try the rear blower motor thanks.

OP
OP

99exbyut

Reaction score
ok so i pulled the rear blower and it works great. checked all off my conections and fuses and still not workin

JUST4FUN

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
next check the blower resisitor for broken wire youll need to remove it

OP
OP

99exbyut

Reaction score
pulled the resisitor out tested the temanials for the ohms test and one was a little off. but the rest seemed to be fine. could the one make the hole thing not work

JUST4FUN

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
is there power going to the resistur

OP
OP

99exbyut

Reaction score
im not sure. got kinda pissed off so the dealer that i bought it from is going to pay to have it fixed. i guess nagging them enough is going to pay off. taking it in tommorow afternoon. so well see from there.