Rear backup sensors --- help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

derek416

Reaction score
PLEASE HELP!
I have a 2003 Expedition EB that has the reverse backup parking sensors and they were functioning just fine. I took it to a mechanic to change the light bulb on my instrument panel for the turn signals. When I got home and was backing up I noticed that the sensors were not working. I went through the menu on instrument panel display to make sure it didn't get turned off but now its not even listed in the menu to turn it off or on. It just disappeared like its not even an option. It was working just fine and now it doesn't and its not even there to turn it back on. Does anyone know what could have happened or what I can do? Also, my Expy has the reverse mirrors that move down when I put it in reverse and those are not working either and they are not in the menu. I have no idea what could have happened and what I can do.
PLEASE HELP!

z168

Full Access Members
Reaction score
might be a long shot

try disconnecting the battery overnight and see if it just needed to be reset