Rear end suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I figured i would post this in the right spot this time.

I remembered what it was called and how i want to do my rear end. its called cantilever suspension. its hard to explain with out pictures. so you might have to look them up. a lot of new 4 door jks are running this set up. it allows maximum travel without giving up any space for shocks. sure my spare would have to be relocated but that could be in cab. or i have other plans. haha secrets. ill draw pics later. but anyways what do you all think about the cantilever set up?

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
Race teams in many different types of racing have used this setup because it saves space and is very tunable. It uses a "rocker arm style linkage" for lack of a better term to connect the shock/spring package to the rest of the suspension. You see it most often on the front of a race car, where the shocks lay flat, side to side across the front of the car.

The problem for the average guy is that you don't have the resources to make all those changes in geometry, shock and spring rates until you get it right. That's why it's difficult to fab up a one-off system. If there was one available for your specific truck that was made by a reputable company where they already did all the engineering and trial and error testing, then I would go for it.

It is far easier to get a great result with a 4 link kit.

OP
OP
panda24619

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yeah i know its easier to get a 4 link but with lack of space underneath these trucks, mainly cause the fuel tank, and i dont want to put the coil overs and bypasses threw the floor. i know boneyard fab makes kits for all sorts of trucks. i might give them a call and see if they want to install one in mine.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goff69