rear end vibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
It seems like when the truck sits for a while, ( few hours or days) when you take off in a corner there is heavy vibration. When the truck straightens out the vibration goes away. This makes me think its the rear end "chattering" I changed the fluid last winter an out in Motorcraft recomended fluid and 1 bottle of the additive fluid, (cant remember the name) but it was green fluid small bottle in size. Not sure what else to do. Add another bottle of this additive??

Any ideas on what to do???

Aaron

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i am currently having the same issue with mine. you can try to put another bottle of the friction modifier in, which i did. it helped a little but i still get the chatter. could be the clutch packs for the limited slip. definitely a driveline issue. i hope one of us figures it out before it gets too expensive!

OP
OP
E
Reaction score
Found this TSB, now what do you, do take it in??? There is no remedy listed on this site.

http://www.ford-trucks.com/tsb/tsb.php/m-FORD/d-EXPEDITION/y-2003/t-03198

TSB data for: 2003 FORD EXPEDITION
Bulletin Number: 03198
Sequence Number: 10004037
Date: 20040906
Component Name: 106000 POWER TRAIN:AXLE ASSEMBLY
Make: FORD
Model: EXPEDITION
Year: 2003
Summary:
CHATTER, SHUDDER, A BINDING SENSATION, OR VIBRATION DURING LOW SPEED TURNS ON VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH THE 9.75 INCH OR 8.8 INCH LIMITED SLIP REAR AXLE. *TT

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
not sure. but i would like to know what is causing it cuz mine is a 2001 so i dont think it has a TSB for this problem.

JonnyBlaze

Reaction score
My 97 does this. Was thinking about changing the rear diff oil and doubling up on friction modifier?

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
check the breather tube on the axle. mine chatters when mine is disconnected. so i have to tape it together. it works for a while. but other wise no chatter. need to change the fluid still though.