Rear entertaiment system without factory radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wingrg

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi a simple question, can i use my rear entertaiment system with headphones without the factory radio, i really dont use the dvd, but just in case i just thinking to upgrade the radio for one with bluetooth connectivity, just dont want to spent money on a dvd radio that i don't going to use.
TX

B

bedrck46

ford has used different entertainment systems and controls since 1997.
Would you care to say what year and model you have.
It would be better than trying to guess what you have

SNOWRAIDER

Reaction score
Will this work for me?

I am interested in the answer to this question as well. I have a Factory DVD player out of an 05, and would like to install it in an 03. I have the wiring harness, and the wiring schematic,the roof bracket, and I have tested the DVD player using the ground, and the Constant 12V, Switched 12V, and Illumination. Everything is working properly other then the Audio in the headphones. I am only interested in installing it for use with the IR headphones for the kids, but there seems to be almost no audio at all in the headphones. If you turn them up all the way, you can barely here the audio. My question is, is the Factory Head Unit some how amplifying the IR signal? I would think the IR signal would be constant as long as the DVD is playing. Am I missing something, or is it possible this DVD player is broke? Is the audio being amplified from the Factory Head Unit, and being re directed back to the IR outputs through Corporate Audio Protocol A or B? Any help is appreciated, Thank You!

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
should be able too...if not...BOSS makes a pair for like $30 dollars on ebay

Stoned06

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I retained the rear DVD with an aftermarket head unit (Kenwood). I have a write-up on here explaining what is needed. Just have to splice some wires above the DVD unit to get the sound for the headphones. Just search "Kenwood 5140 install" and it should come up.

SNOWRAIDER

Reaction score
Got it!

STONED06, that was the answer I was looking for. I have now added a Factory DVD PLayer from an 05 to my 03, not connected to the head unit, but working properly for headphones/kids in the back seat! Perfect, the splices are what I was after.

THANK YOU STONED06!!!

Stoned06

Full Access Members
Reaction score
STONED06, that was the answer I was looking for. I have now added a Factory DVD PLayer from an 05 to my 03, not connected to the head unit, but working properly for headphones/kids in the back seat! Perfect, the splices are what I was after.

THANK YOU STONED06!!!

You're welcome. I actually got the wiring diagram needed from someone here, so glad to pass the info along.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahurry