Rear liftgate lock actuator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Milkman

Reaction score
I have been having a problem where my 2003 EB rear door locking actuator is not unlocking the liftgate when I unlock the doors. I press unlock several times and I don't hear it unlock at all. I have two questions:
  1. In all of the diagrams I looked up, I couldn't find the lock actuator. Does anyone know the part number for it?
  2. How to I remove the plastic panel on the liftgate??? Is it just pryed off???
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Stoned06

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't know the part number of the actuator, but the inner panel has the 2 top screws near the glass/lock, and the one holding the pull handle. After that, you carefully pry the panel off as there are clips holding it in place. I ended up breaking a couple, but you can get new ones from Ford. Unfortunately thy come in packs of 4 or 6, and they are about $4 each IIRC.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had that same issue for a bit. It would intermittently not luck/unlock. I took off the trim and cleaned out all the electrical connectors with electronics parts cleaner.

For reference, the part number on mine is 2L1A-7843102-BA. It seems it's made by Delphi for Motorcraft.

Other numbers on there are:
16640800-002
2028-1431

OP
OP
M

Milkman

Reaction score
I had that same issue for a bit. It would intermittently not luck/unlock. I took off the trim and cleaned out all the electrical connectors with electronics parts cleaner.

When you say the electrical connectors, I assume that means you didn't open the motor assembly or anything, just took the wires off and sprayed???

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea, just sprayed in the connector itself. I did take off the actuator itself to inspect it. While off, I actuated the lock/unlock (with the keyless fob) and saw it worked everytime, so I just put it all back together.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
r98exp1