Rear Lower Shock Bolt Torque

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raven_Expedition

Reaction score
I did a quick forum search and didn't see an answer to the question. Chilton's is pretty much useless. I did run across a 330 lb-ft value that seems too high. Can anyone weigh in?
Thx-

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We had this discussion about 2-3 weeks back. I believe it was 295 ft pounds. Your going to need a 3/4 inch breaker bar, and tighten with a good pull. Ideally a 3/4 inch drive torque wrench, but that's pricey for something you won't use again. Another member suggested a 1/2 inch drive breaker bar with a cheater pipe on handle. Bottom line, just pull on handle hard, your not going to break a bolt that big. If it was me, I'd recheck tightness about a week after first tightning.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Different years list different specs for some reason... but basically you need a 2' breaker bar and lean all your weight into it, between 3/4 of the way and the very tip depending on your body mass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junker