Rear Park Aid question (‘07)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 2007 Eddie Bauer has the concealed rear parking aid sensors and I’ve noticed if I have the radio up I can’t hear it well. Volume low it’s not a problem. Where does the beeping sound come from and is there any way to make it interrupt the radio or make it louder? Not the end of the world if not I suppose...

It sounds like it beeps from somewhere behind me, like the back.

TXFRDOwner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Rear driver side behind C pillar trim (second row)

Connector C4015

2cda2c0313532ad97ce345a2172ea874.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
JExpedition07

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hhmmm great info, I found it in the message center and the only options were <ON> and <OFF> so no volume adjustment. So the sound travels through from behind the trim? Must be a loud speaker behind there. You can’t see anything from outside it.

TXFRDOwner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If it’s really that important to you ... and depending on your wiring skills, you can cut, extend the wires and relocate the parking aid speaker to the front of the vehicle ( maybe behind the A or B Pillars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
On the '08, it mutes the radio when the rear backup speaker beeps. If you have an OEM radio, it should lower the volume.

LRNAD90

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is it just me, or does that seems like a very weird spot to locate it, essentially behind the second row seats, when the Driver is the one that needs to hear it..

OP
OP
JExpedition07

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the factory Audiophile system, it does not interrupt the radio