Rear passenger side door lock wont go up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ezeq

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi, just wanna ask if somebody happen this thing before to them.....
Its -35 degrees celcius, after i went to the carwash, rear passenger side door lock wont go up when i tried to open it.

Can i use WD-40 to rectify the problem?
Need suggestions pls. Ty
Happy Holidays.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

B

bedrck46

sounds like some water got in and froze up remove door panel use a heat gun or hair drier to dry out the water and spray with wd40 or silicon spray that should work unless something went wrong with the door lock

1997SCEBFEX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
it could also be the linkage has come off &/or the rear door lock solenoid actuator assembly needs replacing. I had to replace mine in the 4th year after purchase.
will it open from the inside when you lift up on the handle, providing the child lock switch is set to "unlock?" Just curious?

Also, did you perhaps change the settings on your key fob to driver's door only?

Let us know what you find out.

PanHandler.

OP
OP
ezeq

ezeq

Full Access Members
Reaction score
everytime i press the. keyfob, 3 door locks works its way up so easily while theother one trying to force its way up but i can see it is moving pressing the keyfob, it just doesnt go up.

OP
OP
ezeq

ezeq

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i just took off the panel , like bedrck say, water froze up, i used a heatgun to melt the ice and sprayed a wd40 on the lock assembly.
Thanks guys.

B

bedrck46

glad it worked I prefer silicon spray doesn't have the odor that WD40 has but if it happens again you may want to use some spray grease that may prevent the water from getting in

iic1tls

Reaction score
Had the same exact problem on the same door. Diagnosis was a failure in the door lock mechanism itself. Cost was about $100 for the part, and R&R was less than 2 hours - easy to repair.

B

bedrck46

Had the same exact problem on the same door. Diagnosis was a failure in the door lock mechanism itself. Cost was about $100 for the part, and R&R was less than 2 hours - easy to repair.

Thanks for the input but I bet you wished that your fix was as easy and as cheap as the other persons was

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carloss0712