Rear sway bar disconnect or removal, track-bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blackwater

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is anyone running without a rear sway bar? What about rear sway bar disconnects?

Rear travel is crap on this rigs.

What about a rear track-bar relocation bracket?

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
My lift kit came with a track bar relocation bracket, but that's just because the track bar would be too short with the lift installed. The rear end would be pulled to the driver's side.

I also have a spare set of rear sway bar links that Rancho sent the previous owner by mistake. I've though about cutting them up and sleeving them and making them a quick disconnect style. Unfortunately, it's one of those low priority projects that just never gets done.

I think changing out the rear upper and lower control arms for ones with heim joints in them would allow the rear end to flex quite a bit more.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i think it has great flex. never had a tire in the air when flexing. i made an ooops on my last post. he has a 1st gen. track bar! DUH! haha but if you dont think it has great travel then lenghten the links and put a set of coil over on the rear. that'll do some great flexing that way. thats what i want to do one day. put coil overs threw the floor boards and in front of the back back seat! i want to try and keep it an 8 seater. haha

tmajikman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't think I would want to drive my X without either swaybar, but my truck is my dd, thats just me though.

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
Oh, absolutely. On the road it would be a nightmare without the sway bars.

The quick disconnect for the trails only would be the way to go, but ya gotta build them yourself.

OP
OP
Blackwater

Blackwater

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I ran no rear swaybar on my Cherokees with zero difference in handling. Thing is they dont have the weight like the Expedition. Im going to disconnect them and run around and see what difference it makes.

The flex was good with it stock. I need shocks but it didnt seem to want to move much. Im going to test it again and unbolt the shocks.

Track bar..my thought is it would have more swing in it if the location was dropped back to stock. I dont believe there was much if any displacement with 3 inchs but it would take from articulation or drop in the arm under flex.