Rear Window Defrost Connection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gumby

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just at the dealer and of course it's not repairable. Only replacing the glass is the option. OEM is $1350, aftermarket is half that and no warranty left.... At least the sun is shining?

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
not even the "epoxy" remedy others have talked about? That's insane. Sorry to hear about the issues. Are you capable of trying to solder it yourself? No harm if it doesn't work right, you're in the same place.

Gumby

Full Access Members
Reaction score
not even the "epoxy" remedy others have talked about? That's insane. Sorry to hear about the issues. Are you capable of trying to solder it yourself? No harm if it doesn't work right, you're in the same place.
I would love to spend a few hours trying to spot weld this, but alas time is a commodity that is in short supply these days....

JimW

Reaction score
I just join the club. 2018 30k miles passenger side. Going to the dealer next Thursday. We will see what they decide.
I had this happen on my 2007 Escalade (same setup). Fixed two times then I had to replace the glass out of warranty.

Highlightreel

Reaction score
I guess I'm now at this party as well. Noticed the passenger side swinging thinking it was a person walking behind me across the street. I do remote start and sometimes use the glass but rarely use rear defrost, even in MN. Hard to believe the fix is to replace the window but looks that way.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i'd say in warranty that's the fix, but if you're out of warranty and you don't mind trying, there are options.

Big H

Full Access Members
Reaction score
lol guess I spoke too soon. Quite annoyed about this but still under warranty so will get it replaced. I have never used my rear glass since owning the truck. Only time I recall it ever being opened is when the salesman showed me the feature.

56ef71821895618ece697c890537446a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thomas Hardesty

Reaction score
I left the window open in up position, then opened the tailgate. Bad move! My passenger side rear defrost cable broke the soldered plate off the window. I was thinking that JB Weld may work? Or taking a slider ring iron and trying to re solder it? Thank God I live in Florida