Rear Window Defrost Connection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rufus4bz

Reaction score
I got my 2019 Platinum back today after the dealership replaced the rear hatch glass. I checked the solder connection on the new glass and saw no noticeable difference. It floors me that the fix is to replace the whole glass panel.

Big H

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I got my 2019 Platinum back today after the dealership replaced the rear hatch glass. I checked the solder connection on the new glass and saw no noticeable difference. It floors me that the fix is to replace the whole glass panel.

Yup. Just took mine today to show them and they will replace the glass too. So ridiculous, and if it happens again they won’t fix it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just don't get it, my last four cars had liftgates with similar connections and no matter how much oversized crap I put in the back, no matter how many blankets or other things snagged on them, they never came off like these. I feel like you sneeze on these and they will come off.

Big H

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just don't get it, my last four cars had liftgates with similar connections and no matter how much oversized crap I put in the back, no matter how many blankets or other things snagged on them, they never came off like these. I feel like you sneeze on these and they will come off.

Lol ur tellin me! I literally have never opened the glass thing in 2 years [emoji23] and it just broke the other day. So stupid.... but I agree. This should not happen on a $80k truck.

Calidad

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I used the Permatex Rear Defroster Repair kit. That was 4 or 5 months ago. No issues with installation, or function.
Thanks!!! I just ordered the kit. Will give it a try. Replacing the glass by a dealer vs a collision shop that actually knows how seems like I’d end up with bigger problems like busted wiper or mis alignment of the hatch

Big H

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks!!! I just ordered the kit. Will give it a try. Replacing the glass by a dealer vs a collision shop that actually knows how seems like I’d end up with bigger problems like busted wiper or mis alignment of the hatch

I got my kit as well. Have an appointment with the dealer on the 17th to replace whole rear glass. May cancel based on this performance of the kit. Let’s see how it goes tomorrow, after I reconnect the thingie

lefty hack

Reaction score
I guess I’ll never pop the rear glass again[emoji1695]

Expy7

Reaction score
I have a 19 Platinum. My dealer is waiting back on a response from Ford yet again. As I was driving home last night I watched the passenger side rear defrost cable detach yet again. This is the fifth time that the cable has come off. They have replaced the back glass twice and the other times they attempted to repair. They are most likely going to replace the glass yet again for the third time. This is absolutely ridiculous. I have not even opened my hatch nor the back glass since the last repair (and have nothing in the rear) so they cant say it was from something that I did. I do see that the common theme, reading through these messages, seems to be that it is always the passenger side that comes off. Each and every time mine has been the passenger side as well. Would be nice to actually not have to worry about something so trivial that normally just works, in the middle of winter.

EricExpedition

Reaction score
Just ordered the repair kit as well. $60,000+ vehicles here Ford! Can't get a $2 tab right??