Recreating cut-outs on Timberline Off Grid Concept trailer trim piece

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HunterMcI

Reaction score
Hey Everyone, so I recently purchased a 2023 Timberline, love it. I was looking around the inter-web and found photo's of an Off Grid/Overlander type trim level someone had created, probably for SEMA or something. But one very minor detail caught my eye that I really liked and was wondering if anyone has tried. And if so, how they achieved it. I'm attaching two screen shots, a close up and a more distant type shot of the customization in question.

You will note, that rather than take the trim piece that covers the trailer hitch and power assembly, they may two cuts, one for the hitch bar to fit through into the receiver and just to the left of that a circle cut out for your power to fit through. It is a super clean look, but I'm no expert customizer or anything. was wondering if anyone had done something like this of if there might be some sort of template out there in the universe...lol...thanks in advance.
Screenshot 2023-06-26 at 11.12.54 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-06-26 at 11.13.07 PM.png

Pancho258

Reaction score
I’ve been thinking about purchasing a second cover and modifying it. You have two potential problems with trying to use the cover with the hitch in place. You have to access behind the cover to fasten the hitch pin that holds hitch ball mount in place. And how do you access the lighting plug connector.

I can get past the ball hitch by slipping the cover over the hitch ball unit but not securing it until you gat the pin in place. Lighting connector would need to be relocated. I’m still thinking how and where I’d relocate.