relaced transmission 1 click no crank

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chizzad1981

Reaction score
Whats up everyone. I am new to the forum and have a 2002 eddie bauer. I bought it and it needed some transmission work. I have gotten the transmission rebuilt and put it back in myself. When i put it all back and hooked up the starter and bumped the ignition to make sure it was all good. All I get is one click and no crank. I took the starter back out and took it to the local auto parts and it tested good. The lights all work the battery is charged. The truck did sit for 2 months. Any suggestions. If i need to explain further please advise. Thanks guys and I look forward to your comments

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did you check the battery? That sounds like the battery has been drained down and does not have the power to engage the starter, but I could be wrong.

Dexter

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did you check the battery? That sounds like the battery has been drained down and does not have the power to engage the starter, but I could be wrong.

I will have to agree. Make sure the battery is fully charged.

It's not uncommon to leave the doors on your truck open for long periods of time when you're working on it. I've drained my battery a few times this way without realizing it. Best thing to do is turn the interior lights off when you know the doors will be open for a long time.

Last edited:

Expeditionary

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I will have to agree. Make sure the battery is fully charged.

It's not uncommon to leave the doors on your truck open for long periods of time when you're working on it. I've drained my battery a few times this way without realizing it. Best thing to do is turn the interior lights off when you know the doors will be open for a long time.
DAMN SON! what % is that windshield???

check you battery connections (terminals) pour so coke on them out of a warm can and let it eat up that corosion, then start checking fuses and relays.
For some reason when my buddy and I would do anything in his truck with the train horn or his radio it would blow his ignition fuse. Could have been something like that