Remote Start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Odimus

Reaction score
Just picked up a Cool Start RS4-G3 remote start for 40$ (black Friday deal). For that price I figured we would give it a try. Anyone familiar with this remote start???

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never heard of it...might be good but u get what u pay...I like remote/alarm and anything viper dei related...

Holy Rollerz Christian Car Club (HRC3) National Member

Captain Morgan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
"Did you get the bay pass too?" +1

You need the DEI PKALL from Amazon or Sonic.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went to bullydog.com and got my bypass for like $25...I had a hick-up after a month were it would cut off then start back up...then that stopped and I'm good to

Holy Rollerz Christian Car Club (HRC3) National Member

jjbusa

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I want a remote start had one on my last truck but man the prices for Clifford and vipers are nuts

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

oblivion

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I want a remote start had one on my last truck but man the prices for Clifford and vipers are nuts

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Theres a reason for that. I ahve had a clifford or viper peice on every vehicle i have own and never had a problem.

x2 the PKALL works great.

jasonlmarsh

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the Cool Start RS00 in my Expy. It's basically the same as yours, only it uses the factory Keyfob instead of the keyfob supplied by Crimestopper. Dont worry about quality, Crimestopper is good equipment and they have been around forever. I've had various CS alarms and remote starts in my cars since 1998 and have never really had any issues with them.

EastTexan

Reaction score
How hard is it to hook up a remote start system? I plan on getting one in the near future, had it on our impala and loved it. I'm not scared to try it, I always hook up my radios, and such.

Captain Morgan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The wiring diagrams are easy to come by at the 12v . com or Sonic or Crutchfield, lots of resources so unless you're color blind it's doable.

Do you have any experience splicing, soldering, using shrink tubing?

You could use butt connectors although I wouldn't. Scotchlock connectors are the only thing I would trust if I used a crimp connection.