remove aftermarket alarm and go back to factory?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kd0ezq

Reaction score
We just purchased our expedition, and some idiot put an AutoPage after market alarm system on it with a goofy huge pager looking keyfob thing.

I want to remove that and go back to the factory keyfobs and unlock stuff.

Has anyone had any expirience with this?

I am a mobile radio tech by trade, so it is not a big deal for me, I just want some information before I tear into it.

Thanks!

Tim B.

Mike_D1980

Reaction score
I removed the aftermarket one on my Expedition and F150 so I could install remote starters on them. Just pulled the cover under the steering column and started following the wires from the alarm brain and cutting them out 1 by 1. There was a starter wire that was cut in 1/2 and had a wire from alarm hooked to each side, I just connected it back together and all was ok.

Luvindaexpy

Reaction score
Yeah i would dig in and take it off. I bought mine used with a bad remote start/alarm system install and haven't regreted removing it. I didn't really need the remote start or alarm system for that matter. I just like opening and closing the doors via remote. I went on ebay and ordered me a pair of remotes and done.

OP
OP
K

kd0ezq

Reaction score
Tore it all out tonight, no problems at all! Next problem is finding out why I have no rear wiper, and no running board lights, but the fuse in the interior fuse panel is good.

Also, I cant find the door unlock code...

Any ideas...

Thanks
Tim

MaverikDS

Full Access Members
Reaction score