Remove center console

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeff b

Reaction score
Does anyone have a link to instructions on how to remove the center console on a 2015 Expedition? I need to replace the cracked trim around the gear shift. Thanks.IMG_3874.JPG

OP
OP
J

jeff b

Reaction score
No I havent been able to find one or the direction on how to remove the console to get to it. I called a Ford dealer but to get that trim around the gear you have to buy the whole gear shift for around $150. I would think there are other people with this same problem.

Neilster1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I can help with at least getting to it. You don't have to remove the whole console.

There's 1 7mm screw in the convenience area where the console meets the dash, underneath the rubber insert. Remove the screw.
Open the console lid. The black trim piece that surrounds the console opening (the lid closes on it) needs to come off. Pulls straight up, secured by 4 trim clips.
Once the console trim piece is off carefully remove the trim ring around the shifter. This part is easily broken.. ask me how I know.
With the gear shifter in neutral the flat console trim comes off, cupholders attached. Pull straight up from back to front.

You should be able to at least see how the bezel is attached to the shifter. I wasn't in there to pull that bezel so I'm not much help from here on out.

OP
OP
J

jeff b

Reaction score
Thanks JakeEL & Neilster1. I ordered the part you recommended and followed the removal instructions and it worked perfect.