Replacing Rear Stereo Control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tekrsq

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I know this has been asked before, but I'm apparently not smart enough to put in the correct search words.

On my 99 EB, I want to remove the stereo control panel on the rear of the center console.
1) How does the rear section come off ? Is it just snapped into place, or do I need to pull the entire console out to get it off ?
2) Is there a blank plate/ panel (or any kind of plate) available to put in the hole once I pull out the stereo control panel ?
3) If not, what's the easiest material to make one out of ?

THX

OP
OP
tekrsq

tekrsq

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you have not found out yet, I think it is 2 or 4 screws. Been a while

Thanks, I haven't gotten around to it yet. Still haven't figured out what kind of plate to put in there to fill up the hole. So I didn't see a need to pull it yet. So, I noticed 2 screws on top, by the lid. Where are the other 2? I don't see another place for them.

tommyddsr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I assume you've put an aftermarket stereo in and want to get rid of the rear controls. Probably not a whole lot of people who have done this. Most, myself included on my 2000, just leave it there. Looks perfectly fine from the drivers seat ;) But if I remember correctly you just remove the console lid and storage box, and there are 4 screws holding the plate in. No idea what you would replace it with that would look better than factory.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PaulMedik