RESOLVED! - 2010 Expy - Engine missing on hills

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
W

WalleyeGuy

Reaction score
I am here to report back that the issue has been resolved with new plugs and boots! Thanks everyone so much for the help.

Take a look at them (Must be original)
http://imgur.com/a/Vi0p8

Next on the list now that main issue seems to have been resolved:
-Replace bad TPMS sensor (Tire shop already confirmed dead)
-Replace 1 tire (3 tires about new but 1 is at 5/32. Whats going on there, haha)
-Change Coolant 105k in maint schedule but will have mechanic check if they think it was done

Do you think I should wait until 150k as noted for these or check them early?
  • Change front axle lubricant
  • Change transfer case fluid
  • Change automatic transmission/transaxle fluid and filter

JollyRoger

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sounds like coil packs to me. Was the engine washed recently? There are a ton of posts on this. They don't like water, and they don't last much longer than 100K miles. Some will disagree with that, but I've had to replace them on every Expedition I've owned. And 'jumping/sputtering' under load is exactly the symptom I've always had. It could be a lose connector, or one bad one rather than all 8, so go through the normal steps everyone is recommending. But if your issue was up for betting in Vegas, my money would be on the coil packs.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not to disagree with you as I have read the amount of coil pack problems. All I will say is in the FOUR expeditions I have owned I have never had to replace a coil pack nor have had one go bad. I may regret saying that. My current 01 has over 150000 miles and the 04 has over 135000 miles

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am here to report back that the issue has been resolved with new plugs and boots! Thanks everyone so much for the help.

Take a look at them (Must be original)
http://imgur.com/a/Vi0p8

Next on the list now that main issue seems to have been resolved:
-Replace bad TPMS sensor (Tire shop already confirmed dead)
-Replace 1 tire (3 tires about new but 1 is at 5/32. Whats going on there, haha)
-Change Coolant 105k in maint schedule but will have mechanic check if they think it was done

Do you think I should wait until 150k as noted for these or check them early?
  • Change front axle lubricant
  • Change transfer case fluid
  • Change automatic transmission/transaxle fluid and filter

Change the transmission fluid and filter now. The axle/TC fluid can probably wait as it doesn't see a lot of use with most drivers. Get the TPMS sensor from somewhere other than a dealer. I usually pay about $35 for sensors from Advance Auto (after promo code). That tire was probably a used replacement for a tire that blew out.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wolf_Lazarus