ride height sensors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mothra

Reaction score
I just finished installing the strutmasters conversion kit on my 2008 EL limited. I managed to damage the connecting rod for one of the rear ride height sensors in the process. I have since turned my air suspension off and I am not getting any errors on the dash for the sensor being disconnected (still powered). Before I replace the sensor do these do anything once the air suspension is removed?

terr5178

Reaction score
The sensors continue to send voltage reading back to the computer for calculation of ride height. If broken or disconnected the computer gets the wrong or no signal telling the computer there is a problem which reads check air ride. 5v goes to each sensor with a ground through the module and the signal is sent back through signal wire. I'm not sure at what voltage the signal wire is satisfied that its the correct height. Im thinking 2.5 volts. I plan to wire up some resistors to send back 2.5 volts on the signal wire and see if that satisfied the ride module as a bypass for the ride height sensor.
Does anyone know what voltage the signal wire requires to be tricked into thinking ride height is correct??

terr5178

Reaction score
What was your solution to the message chech air suspension?