Rough idle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

snozberries

Reaction score
So I changed the EGR valve and it seemed to do the trick on mine. Hopefully cleaning yours does the same thing. Although, the only reason mine went bad in the first place is because I got throttle body cleaner all over the motor that your not supposed to get cleaner on apparently. (at least I think that's why it went bad).

After I cleaned it the problem went away then all of a sudden it was back. I had started noticing the erg valve making a noise (at east it sounded like it was coming from that region) as soon as I turned of the engine and opened the hood. So I replaced it and problem solved.

Good luck!

98DOHC

Reaction score
When was last time you changed your 02 sensors this could cause your symptoms.Iac could also cause really rough idle and dieing if plug is not tight.

WacoStang

Reaction score
Recently had a similar problem, bad idle once it warms up. Put a new IACV on it, now it runs like a top. You could try cleaning it I guess, but I figured at 215K miles it was worth the $50 to put a new one on. As far as vacuum leaks, I've been told by a ford mechanic that the elbow right above the PCV valve is where it goes bad often, either with a hole, or the line gets weak and will actually suck close, so check the first couple of inches of hose there.

rvm1

Reaction score
Recently had a similar problem, bad idle once it warms up. Put a new IACV on it, now it runs like a top. You could try cleaning it I guess, but I figured at 215K miles it was worth the $50 to put a new one on. As far as vacuum leaks, I've been told by a ford mechanic that the elbow right above the PCV valve is where it goes bad often, either with a hole, or the line gets weak and will actually suck close, so check the first couple of inches of hose there.
Had exactly the same problem. . . which was corrected by the exact same solution

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scoot701