Running wires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ricky guerra

Reaction score
I got everything I need to install the sub and amp in my 08 expedition limited I'm gonna keep the factory head unit gonna use a hi/low converter. But tried to find out buy looking online what the four wires coming out of the factory amp are. Also is down the passanger side the best way to go for the power wire.

OP
OP
ricky guerra

ricky guerra

Reaction score
Also any input on where the amp turn on is would be appreciated going to start the install in a couple days.,

RI-Matt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I got everything I need to install the sub and amp in my 08 expedition limited I'm gonna keep the factory head unit gonna use a hi/low converter. But tried to find out buy looking online what the four wires coming out of the factory amp are. Also is down the passanger side the best way to go for the power wire.

Are you talking about the wires coming out of the head unit or the amp mounted to factory sub enclosure ???

The four wires coming "out" of the amp ( black and white wires ? heading toward subwoofer ) should be two positives and two negatives as the factory sub is dual voice coil.

As for the wires coming from back of head unit toward amplifier ....
Violet/Green = Sub +
Green/ White = Sub -
Orange = Sub Shield
Violet/Red = Sub Enable ( Amp turn on )

At the amp there should be two additional wires...
Black/Blue = Ground
Brown/Red = Power

Matt

Last edited:

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Passenger side for power...always run power on whatever side the battery is on and its the passenger side...u need the wires coming out the other side of the amp those are your speaker wire needed for the converter...2 negs...2 pos...due to the sub having 2 sets of wires instead of just one

Holy Rollerz Christian Car Club (HRC3)

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I posted my pics of when I had the setup ur about to do...I'll post again

Holy Rollerz Christian Car Club (HRC3)

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check my photo album but Im getting on tonight wasn't able to before