?s about lowering an 03 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rex450se

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Now before I go getting any hate mail I will say that while I am lowering my 03, and yes, it is 4wd, I will be raising my 98 shortly also. Both are 4wd, I just think the 98 looks better raised than lowered and the 03 has a more lowered ride look to it. I don't want to do anything drastic, just 2" all around. I have searched and found many threads but no one coming back and saying yes that did work or no it didn't. I would like to do a torsion twist up front and drop springs in the back. How much am I looking to get out of the torsion twist up front, can I get a full 2"? And will the 2wd springs work in the back? Or will a 2wd kit that has all 4 springs fit my 03 that has springs all around? Like I said I just want a total of 2" all around. I saw one thread where it said that although all the sites just list the rear spring as being for a 2wd, the stock part numbers are the same for 2wd or 4wd so it should fit, but like I said, I haven't seen that anyone tried it and came back and said that it worked. Thanks in advance.

Victor

OP
OP
rex450se

rex450se

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I got the wife's blessing and have ordered the Eibach kit above. I was wondering if I need new rear shocks for that little of a drop? Or should I just go ahead and replace them while I'm there even if they don't need it right now? What brands do you suggest? Thanks

Victor

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i would say yes so your not compacting the original length of the shock...buy shocks made/shortened for drop spings...plus they'll be new

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i would say yes so your not compacting the original length of the shock...buy shocks made/shortened for drop spings...plus they'll be new

I agree with Freeway. just an fyi, you can't do a TT on an 03 and up Expedition. No torsion bars.

OP
OP
rex450se

rex450se

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So now I have a problem. I ordered the Eibach kit and now I find a Ground Force kit that is supposed to be a full 2" drop. But it's $200 more for less than 3/8". Is the Ground Force a better quality set of springs? I've heard of Eibach suspension stuff before but not Ground Force. If it's supposed to be a lot better quality I'll order the GF one's and return the Eibach springs. But if they are about equal I'll just put the difference towards something else. Thanks

Victor

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with Freeway. just an fyi, you can't do a TT on an 03 and up Expedition. No torsion bars.

you always agree with me but never give me the like status...figures...lol

So now I have a problem. I ordered the Eibach kit and now I find a Ground Force kit that is supposed to be a full 2" drop. But it's $200 more for less than 3/8". Is the Ground Force a better quality set of springs? I've heard of Eibach suspension stuff before but not Ground Force. If it's supposed to be a lot better quality I'll order the GF one's and return the Eibach springs. But if they are about equal I'll just put the difference towards something else. Thanks

Victor

its like buying a car...personal preference...ford vs chevy vs dodge...you'll get your drop but i dont see the need or reason to spend $200 more for less than 3/8 drop...thats like saying 5x7 vs 6x8 vs 6x9 for speakers...10's vs 12's...40" lcd vs 42" lcd...just my take...you have a quality brand and will be good to go

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
personally i would stick with the eibachs. its a known company and for 3/8 inch more its not worth the extra cost. use the extra money for more mods

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PaulMedik