Safety Recall 22S56 - 2015-2017 Expedition/Navigator - January 16, 2014 thru June 30, 2017 Build Dates - Climate Control Blower Motor Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
H

HazBeen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Availability of updated climate control blower motor has been revised to 2nd Quarter 2023, provision of rental vehicles for owners with unique circumstances is now possible when pre-approved by Ford...

Dealer Letter 1.jpg
Dealer Letter 2.jpg

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 2015 Ford Expedition Limited 4x4, purchased new, has been under this safety recall since August 2022.

It has been parked at my Ford dealer now for 66 days, waiting on a steering gear that is under national backorder for Ford.

Without a doubt, Ford has no concern or care for their customers.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This can't be cheap.

I have the Ford Premium ESP - with a $100 deductible. I’m driving service loaner; a Ford Fusion.

The ESP paid for a transmission, a water pump and an ignition coil. I got my money’s worth - but despise Ford’s lack of concern for its customers.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Availability of updated climate control blower motor has been revised to 2nd Quarter 2023, provision of rental vehicles for owners with unique circumstances is now possible when pre-approved by Ford...

View attachment 76209
View attachment 76210

More than seven months have passed since Ford issued this safety recall and sent me a letter about it. I’ve received no further communication from Ford.

Yesterday I went to my servicing Ford dealer and spoke with a service advisor. She looked up the recall for my vehicle and confirmed the additional 3-month extension for the lack of repair parts.

She opened a repair order, to ensure that the repair parts are ordered for my vehicle (although on back-order). She said the dealership will call me when the parts arrive.

Ironically, there was a parts employee talking with the service advisor when I spoke with her. He laughed and said it will be a long time before the parts arrive.

OP
OP
H

HazBeen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
***Replacement Blower Motors are now available***

Safety Recall 22S56 Supplement 2 - Dealer 1.jpg

Safety Recall 22S56 Supplement 2 - Dealer 2.jpg

Safety Recall 22S56 Supplement 2 - Dealer 3.jpg

Safety Recall 22S56 Supplement 2 - Dealer 4.jpg

***Replacement Blowers Motors are also available for the smaller population of affected vehicles in Canada, however, owners in Canada are not offered Mobile Service or Pickup & Delivery***

Safety Recall 22S56 Supplement 2 - Dealer 1 CANADA.jpg

Last edited:

catmandu

Reaction score
You are a god for posting this! I'll reach out to my recall coordinator tomorrow to get ahead of things while there is still inventory.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
***Replacement Blower Motors are now available***

View attachment 78315

View attachment 78316

View attachment 78317

View attachment 78318

***Replacement Blowers Motors are also available for the smaller population of affected vehicles in Canada, however, owners in Canada are not offered Mobile Service or Pickup & Delivery***

View attachment 78319

Do you know if the HVAC motor JUST became available?

I ask because my Ford dealer replaced the front HVAC blower motor under the recall about 4-6 weeks ago. The repair order simply stated “perform recall 22S56” - and there was no part number listed under the parts column on the invoice.

The vehicle was at the dealer for other, unrelated repairs.

Is it possible the dealer installed one of the old design HVAC motors, until the new motor became available?

Should (or will) Ford send the affected owners another letter stating the motors are now available?

Thank you.

OP
OP
H

HazBeen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The Supplement 2 Letter's advice to dealers, to identify their order of the Updated Motor as an emergency to ensure prompt delivery, indicates to me the Updated Motors have not already flowed into dealership Parts Departments.

I expect the Service Department technician noted your vehicle's 22S56 Recall status in OASIS and proactively installed an in-stock Current Service Motor to ensure your vehicle presented you no problem while waiting for an Updated Motor to become available.

The Service technician would have recorded the installed motor's part number in the submitted Warranty Claim, so if you contact your dealer, they can very quickly call up that record in OASIS' Warranty History to verify which blower motor was installed.

Contacting your dealer also provides you the opportunity to schedule the Updated Motor replacement, since affected owners do not need to have received the "Parts Are Now Available" Owner Letter in order to have their vehicle repaired under Safety Recall 22S56...

Safety Recall 22S56 Supplement 2 - Dealer 1 - CROPPED.jpg

Good luck!