Saleen Wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MattG

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Anyone seen an Expy with the 23" Saleen F150 wheels? A quick Google search had me find 1 pic with an older generation, that's it.

Been hunting these wheels down for years and rarely do they come up but a mint set with new tires popped up locally and I am all over them.

My '20 Lariat is lifted with 22" A/T tires so these Saleens won't really do my Lariat right, but thinking they could look pretty sweet on my '20 Expy.

$_59.jpeg.jpg

OP
OP
M

MattG

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Quick look at the tire size of 305 and I recall these are 10" wheels. Factory was +44 offset in front and +30 for rear. Need input if anyone feels they may require spacers to make it work on the Expy.

OP
OP
M

MattG

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Using a wheel offset calculator, looks like the fronts will be 6.4mm inner closer to strut, which is 1/4".
Anyone have experience with bringing the offset in similar? I am use to the F150 world and trying to see whether or not I get these mounted right away or need to order spacer.

OP
OP
M

MattG

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looks as though they ought to work as is. Only one way to find out.

Chrome is pitted a little much so getting these media blasted and powdercoated. Not sure on colour just yet, but thinking a bright gloss silver of sorts, don't want black.

Tires are oddball at 305/40r23 but tracked down reasonable pricing on General Grabber UHP.

Think these things will be pretty sweet as they are very rare and can't beat OEM. I also like the 23" sizing as I feel the 22s looked a touch small on my Max and 24s a touch big with too little sidewall.

OP
OP
M

MattG

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yea I am thinking they will look real sharp. I like the rarity and staying true to the blue factor as well.
Now I am trying to track down new center caps rather than trying to clean and paint these ones.

OP
OP
M

MattG

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Waiting on sensors that I can copy stock.
Mounting onto the Expy Saturday, hopefully works out first try.

20210616_102840.jpg