saw this stuff

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BakerEdition

BakerEdition

EF Chaplain
Reaction score
Well SOL, I was looking at a sound deadner for the truck...I was gonna use dyna mat on the floors and I asked here if for like the back quarter panels where you cant get your hand in to buy spray foam and shoot it in and it would expand and quite the noise down.I was worried about it buckling the metal as it expands....but have since been told it would be fine...I saw this spray stuff by Eastwood that you can spray in the doors on the back of the sheet metal and it thickens enough to act as a sound deadner...I did my roof a few years ago when I had the headliner down...got pictures on my profile page...used 1/2 thick rubber I had from the kids room on the floor....works great and keeps it allot cooler in there and the air dont have to work so hard. the problem is Im retired and aint got enough to keep me busy...so now im pickin on the truck..I dont ever plan on sellin cuz I love it to much...and never could replace it and get what I have here now.

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is a hugh discrepancy in the audio "world" when it comes to sound deadening. Some say that Dynamatt is a rip off when you can get the same material from another company which I forgot the name. The issue is that the owner of that "other" company also owns a roofing company. What you are buying is relabeled roof insulation.

On that note, I have read success stories of guys going to home depot and buying roofing deadener and having success. I dont know if this is legit or them mentally justifying the fact that they added weight and roofing material to their truck with no difference other then MPG. ANYTHING that comes in a roll is asphalt based and is not a true sound deadening material.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BakerEdition

BakerEdition

EF Chaplain
Reaction score
I was looking to cut down road noise..there is not much of anything on the backside of the door panels...its not a music related issue or boom boom thing...I just want the cabin a little quieter...

oh by the way...my wife likes your vehicle....

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
I purchased some dynomat and installed in the rear fender and floor of the cargo area. Seemed to help reduce noise from the exhaust entering the cabin. I would have liked to do something with the hatch but it has too many braces between the outside sheet metal and inside to install material like dynomat.

One thing I did notice as well which I have yet to take care of is the outside sheet metal on the hatch has detached from the braces. The factory has what looks like expanding foam attach the inside braces to the outside sheet metal, appr.. 1/2 thick, which has broken loose. Trying to decide what to glue it back together with that will hold up yet allow for flex and wide temp fluctuations.

Last edited:

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
The eastwood stuff looks like a great alternative to dynomat for the hatch sheet metal.

OP
OP
BakerEdition

BakerEdition

EF Chaplain
Reaction score
How many cans do you think you will need?

I thought maybe a can a door and the back doors are a little smaller so maybe not as much....dont know with the floor yet...the floor in the cargo area I had done with the same rubber matting 1/2 inch as I used in the roof...I put the factory rubber cargo mat over that and bought a gray cargo carpet to go over that....which I can roll up is I want to put something dirty back there. I also was considering this plastic dip spray...for the doors and dynamat for the door when you take the door panel off..