SCT tuner question..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

truckinfouble

Reaction score
I have an 05 Expedition with 5.4 and recently added an S&B cold air intake. The intake is awesome and actually is designed to draw cold air from the filter as well as behind the headlight. ...I did have to make a custom overflow tube from the radiator to tank but not that hard.....At first, there was a very noticeable increace in performance, especially when passing. Well, I thought a tuner would be an even better upgrade so I checked around and we t with an SCT SF3 flash tuner. The install was simple and after getting the tire size corrected and checking the box for cold air intake, I installed an 87 octane tune. Now the speedometer reads correct and my MPG is going up, but its back to feeling like a slug when passing or getting up to speed quickly. Has anybody else experienced this? Its the weekend or I would contact SCT for suggestions.

OP
OP
T

truckinfouble

Reaction score
Just an update. I played around with the tune and set the airbox back to stock but left the tire size as 616 and everything else as performance and got back my performance. I guess the "with cold air intake" setting didn't like something on her truck. Once I get the exhaust done I will do some data logging and look for a tune to write a custom tune.