Sct x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
If you want to mount for monitoring different parameters I would suggest going with one of the higher end sct's. I have the X3 which is the older version of the X4 and I cannot see how it could be mounted in an visually pleasing manner. Lol

Can't comment on stock tunes as mine is custom.

04SVT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I thought they offered a windshield mount for the X4?

OP
OP

69Hcode

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Got in in today. Doesn't offer much tuning out of the box. I just upped the shift pressures a little for now. I should get my custom tunes on Friday. I'm going to search ebay for a dual t mount. Only option specifically for the X4 is a windshield mount. Don't want it up there
Has a pretty nice screen and can show up to 8 gauges. Doesn't show oil pressure though. I guess I could add a sensor and hook it up to it. It also doesn't shut off with the key. You have to unplug it. I probably won't use the gauges all the time anyway. Just when towing or on a trip.

OP
OP

69Hcode

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Since there is no option to shut it off with the ignition. I'm going to put a relay so the OBDII connector only has power with ignition on. This will also shut off the power outlets at the front. I won't have to unplug or turn off my radar detector now either.

OP
OP

69Hcode

Full Access Members
Reaction score
After putting over 200 miles I think my mpg's are up with the custom tunes. Dash says 17.7 avg mpg. Still have about 5/8 of a tank left. I'm running a custom tune from MPT performance. I tried the 91 Octane performance tune and it peeled out much easier. Immediately put the 87 economy tune on. Still has more power when I need it. I'm running 86 Octane in it. I live over 5000 ft in elevation so 86 is the cheap stuff. Not that any gas is cheap right now. Now to put a magnaflow and electric fans on it.

OP
OP

69Hcode

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I put a Cherry bomb exhaust on it. I got 19.5 mpg on a trip to AZ this weekend. Had to run the A/C the whole time. I'm sure to break 20 when it cools down.