Sealed or vented sub box?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i cant do bandpass at this moment cause i still use the space for luggage...and one of my kids sit in the back during long trips...

OP
OP
DR3W

DR3W

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Would basic plywood at like home depot or lowes be okay?

And where could i find carpet to wrap it in?

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
plywood will work...MDF/HDF is ideal...3/4' to 1"...some use 5/8"

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
no ply wood sucks for boxes. do not use. use MDF. 1/2 is good for smaller boxes. but 3/4 is ideal. and you have 2 12s and they dont need a big ass box. so i think 1/2 would work out for you. dont even bother about carpeting it right now. that can be done later on. or even just fiber glass it and paint it to match your paint color.

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
3/4" MDF or the like. The amount of additional space the 3/4" MDF takes over 1/2" is very minimal and any flexing in the box will distort the sound (when the board flexes back, it pushes on the speaker, this will distort the sound). As for carpetting to put on the box, check out any upholstery shop in the area, they should be able to sell you some carpetting for cheap. For around $100, you can probably have them do the job for you. The carpetting is cheap.

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
home depot lowes etc mdf( Medium-density fibreboard also known as Melamine) shouldn't be too expensive its what most home building products are made with.